January 20, 2008

India Travels

It's a great day. Just 365 days from today we will have a new president of the United States of America. Yes!! Oh, yes!!

But that's not what this blog's about. As a matter of fact, this isn't technically a blog at all. It's just a place where I'll keep a few favorite photographs and links to more photos you can view on my Flickr pages (click the link to the right).

In March of last year, I traveled to Mumbai, India to meet the people I work with. After a couple of weeks of working and living in the busiest, most populated city in India, I took some holiday time to travel to the north and south of Maharashtra to the states of Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Kerala. I visited the cities of Ajmer, Pushkar, Jaipur, Agra (to fullfil my dream of seeing the Taj Mahal) and Jodhpur in the north, and Varkala, the backwaters around Alleppey and Munnar, high up in the mountains where tea and cardamom is grown. It was an awesome, five week adventure!

Here are few of my favorite photos, starting with a couple from the layover in Singapore where I spent the weekend with a friend. Enjoy ... and don't forget to check out my Flickr links.




























2 comments:

Audri said...

Wonderful photos, Jane, you certainly have an eye.

Dan V said...

Great photos! You ought to shoot for National Geographic.